Massachusetts Criminal Defense Lawyer Profile
Attorney Jason Chan is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Massachusetts. He has a general practice that handles cases in all areas but specializes in DUI and criminal defense cases, specifically in Boston and Worcester. Previously, Attorney Chan served as Assistant District Attorney in the Worcester, Massachusetts District Attorney’s office. Before that, Attorney Chan also worked as a legislative aide for Senator Richard T. Moore, Chairman of the Legislature’s Committee on Health Care Financing.
Attorney Chan graduated summa cum laude from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology. He then went on to attend the New England School of Law where he served as Editor-In-Chief for the New England Journal of International and Comparative Law. Attorney Chan also had his comparative paper published in the spring 2007 edition of the journal.
- Board member of the Governor’s Asian American Commission
- Board member of the Kwong Kow Chinese School
- Active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association (member of the immigration section council and young lawyers division ,house of delegates)
- Member of the Worcester Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association (member of the criminal law, diversity and inclusion, and new lawyers sections)
- Member of the Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Quincy Asian Resources Free Legal Clinic